Tuesday, December 2, 2008


Where do I begin? The month of November went by so quickly that I can't remember it. The last I remember was waiting on pins and needles for Andy to call to let me know that Tessa Mae had been born. I was eating lunch at work when he called. Everyone at work knew I was waiting for this call. My mind was all over the place. I had a hard time focusing. So when I finally got the call, I just couldn't stay at work. A co-worker said she would cover for me, so off to the hospital I went (after I picked up Ardery). What a joy!!!! There is nothing like a new baby. Except------another baby. Yes, 4 days later I got a call at 6:30 in the morning from Jennifer. So off to Utah I went. There we waited 12 hours for Lily May to be born. Once again the joy of being a grandmother. The last part of that week I brought Jenn and the girls (Ayla and Lily) home with me. It was so much fun having the house full of noise again. And believe me Ayla can make noise. Dad and I slept down stairs in one of the bedrooms. That was a first for us. Now I know what my kids are talking about when they say "That bed sucks"!! So we moved to the other bedroom. Much better. :) For Thanksgiving Day, we had 4 of our children home. Jason and his family (who live in Washington) had already been down 3 times this year, so they couldn't make it home and Keeley, who lives in South Carolina, was home in July. But we had the rest Andy, Jeremy, Jennifer and Heather and their families for dinner. What a house full. For weeks Andy has been saying how he can't wait for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was really good this year. As we sat around the table eating I couldn't help but feel so much love for my family. I only wish they all could have been there. We have so much to be grateful for. Jennifer went home on Sunday. The house is so quiet. I can't wait for Christmas - all the noise!!!

3 comments:

Feels Like Today said...

absolutely love the family picture:)
where did you have it done? i went private - send your e-mail to my blog....

District 6 Festival Committee said...

I love the new picture too.. it is beautiful. Congratulations on the sweet babies! You are such a great mother and grandma.. your family is so lucky to have you.

Feels Like Today said...

ok, i undid the private thing on my blog - it was a hassle for too many people, so i decided to change it back:)